Saturday, March 6, 2010

when it rains it pours....

today is no good. i've got a sinus-infection/allergy thing, and i'm stuffy and my chest burns. and i started hearing a knocking noise in my car yesterday, so i took her (Lola the Corolla) to my trusty car-fixer-guys this morning. turns out A) i had to have the right CV-joint-axle-whatever replaced, because my wheel was literally about to fall off (who knew?) and B) i need a new engine. yep, i said a new engine. how much does that suck? $2,500 worth, that's how much! i'd rather buy a new car since Lola has 130,000 miles...but who's going to finance a loan for an unemployed, single designer? no one, that's who! so, luckily i have very gracious and loving parents who are willing to loan me the money. but i HATE not being able to take care of myself. worst. feeling. ever.

on the positive side, the cutey owner of the car place said he really liked my hair...so at least he threw me a compliment while ruining my day! (btw, my hair does look pretty cute today. my new bangs are awesome- hmm, i need a new pic- and i've got loose, slept-on curls...always better the second day.)

but i did get to see my perfectly wonderful, brilliant niece this morning. she's 15 months and she's hilarious. and beautiful. and makes me smile. and i'm having dinner with my best buddy, who is in town. so...i should perk up.
but i still feel like poop. (somebody call the wah-mbulance! as my other beautiful, brilliant niece would say.)

1 comment:

  1. If I were a bank I'd throw cash your way if only for the great hair day. One can't value great enough. Your neice into younger men?

    ReplyDelete