Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WE Inspire

yesterday i attended the Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Inspire Conference here in OKC.  it was pretty awesome to listen to so many successful, powerful women speak about how they got to where they are.  determination and confidence, as well as fear and desperation were recurring themes from all the speakers.  it's amazing what you can do when you believe it's do-able.  these women all own and run multi-million dollar companies now, but most started out in a similar spot that i'm in - jobless, broke and uncertain about the future.  and interestingly enough, many of their businesses were started during recessions or economic hardships.  necessity breeds success?

so basically what i learned is that in order to succeed:  i'm going to have to work HARD; believe in myself ALOT- get super confident and sell myself, my talent, and my products; ask for help & accept it; and be really confident.  did i mention confidence?  turns out, i'm the only one who can make things happen for me, and if i don't buck up and realize that i'm awesome - who else will?  :) 

so in the wise words of Stuart Smalley, "I deserve good things. I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with..." 

yep, i'm going to do good work today and make bags people want to buy!  because, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!"

1 comment: