Monday, December 27, 2010

my level of crazy....

so Christmas is over.  i hate to say it (but i will anyway)...thank goodness!  this year was just a new level of stressful.  all completely self-induced, i admit...but crazy all the same.  it's Monday now and i'm still whirling from all the gift-making, order-filling, wrapping, running, buying chaos.  i felt like i had the the anti-Midas touch this weekend, because one hundred little things went wrong, and it seemed everything i touched turned to crap.  which inevitably led to a mini-meltdown on Christmas day, and a subsequent Xanex-popping/wine-drinking/mind-numbing Christmas night.  eh, i blame it on the whole "eccentric artist" thing.  no worries though, things are fine now and i'm regaining my calm and whatever sanity i started out with! 

but, it can't last long...i must get back on the crazy-train because there is so much to do!  i absolutely have to get the Etsy thing figured out so i can get my store up and running; i must make more bags; push myself to create some new styles; try some totally different & new projects; and you know, live the normal life - work 8-5, clean house, do laundry, pay the bills, budget, etc. etc. etc.  never-ending cycle, but you know i love it! 

well, my brain is scattered and it's getting late already, so i'll just get to the point and share a few pics....

a bit late for this, but here are a few photos of my Christmas decor.  i couldn't deal with a tree this year, but i did do a bit of decorating with some lovely Christmas stockings and table coverings that i designed at my previous job working at a home furnishings company.




and here are my sweet kitties cuddled up on the couch with me on Christmas night while i watched Meet Joe Black (hey, i said it was a mind-numbing evening!  and who can resist a Brad Pitt movie after a meltdown?)



and finally, a snap of the Matryoshka dolls i painted for my precious niece...pretty cute, if i do say so myself!  i'm not sure they were the most exciting gift for her...but it's the thought that counts right?  hmm, do 2 year olds get that?  no matter...i enjoyed making them and hopefully she'll further develop her spatial reasoning and counting skills with them.  yea, i googled how matryoshka dolls can help with developmental abilities.  trying to do some good, along with making something pretty & cute!


all for now...i vow my next post will be about how my Etsy site is up and running!  well, my fingers are crossed for that anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment