Saturday, December 25, 2010

have yourself a merry little Christmas....

Merry Christmas!  in the midst of all the madness of preparing for this special day, i wanted to take the time to wish my readers a very happy Christmas!  i hope everyone has a blessed day with family and friends. 

other thoughts...Judy Garland's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is the most beautiful, hauntingly sad Christmas song ever.  it's my favorite this season.  "someday soon, we all will be together if the fates allow...until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow...."  gives me chills.  and makes my eyes well up.  i realize the words are the same whomever sings it, but the emotion and pain in her voice is almost palpable.  sounds depressing...and i guess it is, really.  but beautiful anyway.

hmm, in happier thoughts...i received an extremely nice anonymous gift this week.  6 bags of groceries on my porch, along with a Max Lucado book, some lotion, notepads, candle, etc.  so incredibly kind and amazing, and what a blessing!  i don't know who would buy me groceries and leave them secretly on my porch...i'm perplexed, but seriously grateful!  i'm sure there are people who really need a gift like that more than me, but saving me from a trip to WalMart increased my chances of staying sane.  so, if my secret friend is a blog-reader...thank you thank you!  and may God bless you this Christmas too!

well, i must be off to wrap presents, make sweet potato casserole, and get to Mom's house for family fun!
Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment