Wednesday, April 28, 2010

catching up....

ahh, it's been so long!  i haven't been able to think clearly enough to sit and compose a sentence lately...worrying, Adult-ADD and laziness have been taking up too much space in my life lately!  also, i must confess, i've been a little hooked on HGTV.  one day, when i had a headache and couldn't bear the thought of being productive, i decided to watch Dear Genevieve (since i used to idolize her on Trading Spaces).  that lead to checking out Design on a Dime, then House Hunters & House Hunters International, and Color Confidential.  but all of this leads me to think, although i'm still procrastinating and wasting time watching tv, i have actively chosen HGTV over MTV, Vh1 and E!...does this mean i'm finally an adult?

but, i have been doing some hand-embroidery on my bags while watching tv though...so that makes it ok.  right?  i've also been hard at work doing some graphic nonsense for my logo, business cards & labels.  and finally i unveil the official Gypsy Bird logo:

pretty exciting!  my cousin-in-law found a graphic designer on fiverr.com who did the actual designing.  i just tweaked a few little things. i'm pretty pleased with the outcome though.  
so now i've designed and ordered business cards, designed and ordered sew-in labels, and set up my shop on etsy.com (just haven't posted any items for sale yet, because i'm waiting on my labels to arrive so i can sew them in to the bags).  it's an exhaustingly long process, i tell you!

less exciting though is the time i've spent staring out the window, pondering the direction of my life and worrying about what to do.  i know God has a plan, and the greatest blessing is that i've taken this time to strengthen my spiritual relationship...i just hope i can apply that and make the right decisions for my future! 

so, as i prepare to fire up my Bernina and get back to work, i'll end with an inspirational thought (which, interestingly enough, came to me the other day via text message from that certain-nameless-someone-i'm-not-supposed-to-be-talking-to-anymore. why he wrote it is a mystery, but it made me think, nonetheless):
"get up, get out of bed, and do something productive!" 

2 comments:

  1. oh, how i miss the Teletubbies! that was the most therapeutic, mind-numbing show ever created.

    ReplyDelete