Saturday, July 2, 2011

time flies....

yes, yes...it's been a while once again.  i won't dwell on my lack of writing productivity...it's the same story- real work/Sock Land is crazy busy, i've been busy and tired...yada yada yada.
but, life is good!  it's 4th of July weekend (cannot believe the year is halfway done), and i'm sitting in the sweltering Oklahoma heat on my newly revamped patio, and thinking of all the things i'd like to do this weekend.  relax, read, spend time with the fam, and SEW.  i'm applying for an end-of-summer arts market, so i need some new product, and lots of it!  i'll share what i get on with at the end of the long weekend!   stay tuned.  (yes, i've said this before and not come through with posting anything...this time is different, i swear!)

and, as previously promised, here are some pics from my art journal...which has been my only creative outlet the last few months. 
(apologies- my Blackberry doesn't take the highest quality photos...but i can't seem to find my camera, so this must do for now.)



"leave no black plume as a token of the slime thy soul has spoken. leave my loneliness unbroken, quit as those who quit before.  take the talon from my heart and see that i can care no more..."  -Edgar Allen Poe
 
let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  -Marcel Proust

"hope is the thing with feathers..."  -Emily Dickinson

a little obsessed with the whole gypsy thing right now.  Stevie Nicks, Florence Welch, and other random gypsy-esque girls.  P.S. anyone watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC?  crazy and amazing!

and finally, a lovely handmade bookmark by my sweet, talented mama.  it saves my place in my art journal...surrounded by loving thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment